DENVER – The South Metro Chapter of Pheasants Forever #816 (SMPF) is excited to announce their first ever “Hunter Meet and Greet” on opening weekend of the 2018 Pheasant Hunting Season. SMPF will be staged at specific locations for the weekend opener to help hunters find new places to hunt on public lands and assist those who become frustrated by afternoon, give advice on new strategies and provide information on the great habitat and education outreach programs that Pheasants Forever are involved in. South Metro Pheasants Forever will have their education/outreach trailer and canopy set-up for easy visibility. Stop on by and warm up, meet folks that enjoy the outdoors like you and maybe even find a new hunting buddy. Our partner, Cabela’s in Lone Tree, has donated two $25 gift cards for door prizes. The drawing will be held on Monday, November 12 and the winner will be contacted by email.
SMPF will be at the following locations:
- November 10 at 5–8:30 a.m. in Sterling, Colorado at the Reata Travel Shop located on US 6 (take I-76 to Exit 125, turn right 1 block).
- November 10 at 10:00 a.m–12:30 p.m. in Haxtun, Colorado at the Haxtun Sooper’s located on US 6 and S. Colorado Ave.
- November 11 at 12:30-2:30 p.m. in Holyoke, Colorado located at the Phillips County Event Center located on US 385 one block north of the railroad tracks
SMPF will also be at Pheasants Forever Eastern Colorado Banquets:
- November 09 Sterling Northeastern Junior College Ballroom
- November 10 Holyoke Phillips County Event Center
South Metro Pheasants Forever will provide PF and Colorado Parks and Wildlife brochures and also remind hunters to get their HIP numbers before entering the field.
Pheasants Forever Mission:
Pheasants Forever is dedicated to the conservation of pheasants, quail and other wildlife through habitat improvements, public awareness, education and land management policies and programs.